The book now available on Blurb. All proceeds go to Save the Children
OPEN CALL TO ARTISTS
Postcard Art Show in support of the Children of Aleppo
In response to the overwhelming sentiments toward the horrific news and video surfacing around the atrocities in Aleppo, particularly in regard to the children affected, we would like to initialize an open call for artists from around the world to respond.
The intention of this call is to allow visual artists an outlet to express themselves around the Syrian crisis and to raise awareness and funds to aid in the effort to provide Syrian children emergency care, food and water.
As artists ourselves and considering the reactions by other artists to this tragedy, we felt that this call to action might be a way to give voice to the community in order to raise awareness and hopefully have the potential to heal in some way. Additionally, any sales or donations will go toward the Save the Children Syrian Children's Relief Fund.
Donate to the Syrian Children's Relief Fund
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP!
- Create a piece of art on A6 (international size 148 x 105 mm or 5.8 x 4.1 inches) post card.
It does not need to be on paper. Use your imagination in materials. If it’s the size of an A6 postcard and postage will stick to it and you can put an address on it, then we will accept it. (wood, metal, plexiglas etc. are acceptable)
- Write a short statement on the back (optional). It can be about Aleppo or war or freedom or whatever moves you. Feel free to write a poem or a word etc. We leave it to your imagination.
- Sign the back of the card and include your website and/or state or country
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Email a copy of your postcard to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
your name, Town, State, Country and your website (don’t worry about quality of photo. This will not be published and is strictly for our records.)
- Address the post card to:
Art For Aleppo
P. O. Box 158
Cold Spring, NY 10516 USA
- Place a stamp on the upper right corner on the back of the postcard
- Do not place postcard in an envelope. We want the art itself to be mailed as a postcard with the postage stamp on it. That’s part of the fun of the show.
- Try to use a stamp that reflects your country or is interesting.
DEADLINES - IMPORTANT DATES
- All completed postcard artwork must be received by April 15th, 2017
- Human Rights Panel Discussion (TBA)
- Opening reception Catalyst Gallery in Beacon, NY Saturday April 22nd, 2017 5-9pm.
- Opening reception Garnerville Art Center, in West Havastraw, NY May 20 and 21.
- HR speakers Simon Dudar and Loretta Olek at 5pm at Catalyst gallery, Beacon prior to fundraiser.
- Gallery open from 12-9pm April 22nd until (TBA)
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR POSTCARD DONATION
- Firstly you will feel good for helping the children of Aleppo with your Postcard Art donation.
- Your work will be displayed at Catalyst Gallery in the Art City of Beacon, NY for our fundraiser event. So please add the gallery to your exhibitions list.
- We will photograph your postcard and include the photo along with your name and website in a book we will put together on Blurb.com (an on demand self-publishing site.) Anyone can order a copy of the book directly from blurb.com’s website. All proceeds from the sale of the book and the sale of the donated art postcard will go directly to Save the Children Syria www.savethechildren.org
- Unsold artwork will continue to be available for sale through our website www.artforaleppo.org
For more information go to www.artforaleppo.org
For questions please contact email@example.com
If you don’t want to participate as an artist but you still want to donate, please go to the Art For Aleppo page on www.savethechildren.org